My trip to Port Dickson for AFFIN Bank’s Management Trainee “Get To Know Me-And-You” back on 6th of August was fantabulous. Cuma I’ve been busy takder masa nak recap everything (and still waiting pics from Azmir. Well kinda pushy last night reminding to transfer them so I guess you guys can tengok all the fun pics yg banyak2x tu; maybe dalam entry lepas August kot sebab kapasiti 50 pics in blog Friendster dah nak abes dah).
Anyway, I was a bit nervous initially ‘coz saya masuk lambat sebab contracted with dengue fever tu so there were few people yg I didnt know lagi masa tu. But it turned out that everyone was and is great and believe it or not, each one of us is strong in our own way (not just a matter of speaking tapi mmg real! I guess AFFIN senior management foresee that in us). Anyway, our batch is named H2W ( they picked it masa I absent with the dengue fever tu) to represent the motto of the batch = HAPPY, HEALTHY & WEALTHY. We are comprises of 18 people :-
- Rashid Brown : A mixed parentaged guy who is the jester and drama king of teh batch. Very friendly chap and he mix well with everybody. Talkative and funny.
- Azmir : Seemingly quite initially but when he warms up, he cracks jokes like professional stand-up comedian (hehe). Loves photography.
- Nik : The debonair of the batch. There’s an aura of charisma when he speaks. A kelantanese but he can switch to northern dialect convincingly ‘coz he studied at the Jenan school back in Jitra.
- Zaidi : Most approachable. He is the tallest in the group and a MU fanatic. He likes playing brother figure and he has a robotic expression when crack jokes (hehe).
- Kareena : Happy go-lucky girl who loves partying. She has warm personality and contagious laugh!
- Rina @ Seth : Very approachable. She can switch her accent and dialect of northern, nogori (she is) and the american slang. She is also caring and really look up her as a mother figure/sis. She is also another version of Kareena = contagious laugh! Love her!
- Fathia : glamorous girl who is fashionable. She has girlish personality that will make hot blooded males temperatures’ up (haha). But seriously, she is friendly and quite chatty too.
- Deana : the cutest one with a unique sneeze. She is an X- Hitz.FM part timer and also a complimentary to Fathia in a girlish and adorable.
- Yati : a mother-looking who is artistic. She can also speaks and writes in Mandarin!
- Linda : A TESL-graduated who hailed from Tersang just like my bro-in-law. Firm with diplomatic aura.
- Mida : Beautiful Kedahan with a mixture of Dutch blood. She’s a manja girl with some unexpected layers =)
- Misha : The yoga-crazed girl who is an observer. She’s very talented and she likes astrological and star enumerations. She’s also the founder of ‘main kutu’ scheme of H2W.
- Heidi : The ex-beauty pageant contestant who looks like Ziela Jalil. Dominant with go-getter personality with a far vision.
- Chen Chen : The lovable girl who always give me good advices and I sometimes confide in her.
- Dalia : The only married member. She used to go to St. Geoges’ and she likes to play dress up. Like rina and Nik, she likes to alternate to northern dialect when speaking with me. Athlectic; used to be a gymnast.
- Regina Mariah : One of friendlist member. A Sarawakian who dances to Rihanna’s “UMBRELLA” like no other! Like her!
- Muna : She’s very energetic and friendly. She has the aura of go getter and very self-driven. She originally from Kedah.
Our first 3 days were confided with the inner activities like essential soft skill presentation; sharpening our interpersonal and objectivities. Each games is designed to suit with the values of AFFIN Bank’s work ethics. Kolonel Mohan and his daughther, Miss Dalita were friendly and approachable folks; they had us dancing to bhangra songs (you can imagine there were a lot of body grooving) and war-cries (hahaha, i enjoy them ‘coz my childlike insticnt) and corporate song singing.
Another 3 days were more of outdoor activities under the command of Kolonel Zainal. Wow, that was really exciting although we were scared initially. He was a funny guy as well as jovial and his comrades (more of his righteous men); Kolonel Rosli, Cik Azrul, Kak Putri were jovial lots as well. We did
- repelling-ceiling (yg turun dari atas ke bawah) at the cliff @ gaung tepi pantai;
- Kayaking (my body ached with blisters)
- Jungle trekking for nearly 4 hours (with bearing readings)
- pelampung testing
- Camping and Jungle Idol ( I had blast time; hahaha; I guess everyone agrees =p)
There were myriads of things yg tak dapat saya tulis secara details coz there were so many experience yg dialami. By the end of the trip, everyone learnt to appreciate everyone bcause we learnt valuable lesson that ” we have to embrace each one’s strength and weakness”.