It is the cycle again! Every year; an annual occurrence. As the year is drawing its curtain, the school is gearing up engines to the fullest throttle and this 2 weeks prior to the holidays is and will be the most hectic ever!
Perkhemahan Perdana 2013 a.k.a. Camping. Exhausting!
Beginning on Monday; right after the Perkhemahan Perdana on 1st and 2 November 2013 (Deepavali! ).And of course, I was inevitably had to spend night there because elderly women teachers are ‘difficult to stay at school’. Sheesh!) which was :-
- Monday 4th November, we had The Language Carnival for Year 6 of which I was the Emcee for Story-Telling/Poem Recital in Malay Language– later, we had the “Hari Anugerah Kecemerlangan” meeting of which I was also named as the Emcee;
- Wednesday dated 6th November 2013, I was the Emcee for The Children’s Day from 7.30 a.m – 10.20 a.m. and then I was the mentor Emcee for Shafiqah Aqilah who was elected as the pupil Emcee for Farewell Event for Year 6 Pupils (of course, I penned both scripts; The Children’s Day & Farewell Event for Year 6 Pupils). – Amid all these, of course I had to finish all the PEKA Science data and School Based Oral Assessment (SBOA) data (Hahaa, it is quite rare for a teacher to teach two core subjects, right? But we do what we have to do!);
- Thursday dated 7th November 2013, I was the judge for English Story Telling/Poem Recital for Language Carnival Year 6;
- Friday dated 8th November 2013, I had to sort the pupils for the next year 2014 & tried to juggle to complete all the pupils’ personal files (Record book, PEKA book, SBOA book, dental record, health record, PAFA (Islamic assessment) record, birth certificate copy, pupils personal information (Sistem Maklumat Murid), etc – unfortunately, I couldn’t finish that because I have to enter classes as well to take care of pupils!
- Saturday dated 9th November – had to go to the school for Ministry’s “Seminar Integriti Warga Pendidik” (Educators Integrity Seminar) of which the same old hackneyed topic is churned and preached over and over again; the question – does the Authority walks the talks?
Language Carnival! When I was in primary school, I was an active participant in Bahasa Melayu and English story telling and poem recital; now the spotlight is reversed.
Emceeing the “Hari Kanak-Kanak” 2013 or The Children’s Day SK Serendah.
Mentoring Shafiqah Aqilah as the emcee for Farewell Event for Year 6 2013.
Certainly it has been tiring (even as I jot down these). So, tomorrow is the only “off day” but still have to do a few errands. First probably going to Shah Alam to get the materials from my client on the academic paper “Integrity in Islamic Banking in Malaysia”. Gosh…. I am so tired!
One for the album. Coincidentally, the three of us wore stripes-collared shirts. (,”) Ustaz Kamaruzzaman, me & Encik Zaini. – Farewell Event for Year 6 Pupils.
For next week schedule beginning on Monday, :-
- 10th & 11th November 2013, there will be rehearsal on the Hari Anugerah Kecemerlangan 2013 of which I am to become Emcee. I guess I will try to squeeze/steal time to complete my pupils’ personal files (5 Dynamic!); AND I will be conducting an “in-house briefing” on KSSR Sains for the science teachers – supposedly I have to give it during the holidays but due to Sydney trip, Headmaster had granted permission for us to conduct it via ‘in-house’. Alhamdulillah!);
- 12 th November which is on Wednesday is the Hari Anugerah Kecemerlangan 2013 of which I will become the Emcee with Cikgu Zuraini (it’s going to be a long and tiring day!);
- 13th & 14th November will be slotted for the completion of various documentation, lists and clerical errands; getting signatures and returning keys and books to supervisors, etc. AND, don’t forget that UPSR result will be ANNOUNCED either on 13th or 14th November 2013!!
Efi & Kat testing the vocal chords. Hahahaa! We just goofed around and experimented songs (we even had Macy Gray!) and it makes me realized that I have been deluded from the new songs updates for ages! Too many new songs I don’t know!
Despite these hectic schedules, on Friday night dated 8th November 2013 (which was yesterday), I managed to squeeze time to hangout with my Doncha Club buddy, Efisius Abu Constantine who happened to fly from Sabah to commemorate his sister’s graduation day. Kat and I with super hectic schedule tried our best to squeeze time from our busy life ad just let down the hair. We thought; what the heck – our friend flew in from Sabah; so… just took the opportunity to goof around and experimented with weird songs at Red Box SOGO! Hahhaa…. music and karaoke are our Doncha Club’s passion! Thanks guys for the wonderful night; it’s a nice change of air from the hectic life! Anticipating our second hangout for Penang Bridge Fun Run next week! (,”)
The food were great! My diet was ruined…. hehehee….. ohh, what the heck! Haha!