Happy new year 2014 y’all! This year marks my age to be 30 years old, though not officially; but technically. Wow, a new beginning for the 3 series! How does it feel? Well, honestly it feels just fine BUT along with it comes the motivation for paradigm shifts in my life, hopefully!
Happy New Year 2014 everyone!
Ponder back, I have somewhat achieved most of my 2013’s resolutions (REFER TO : https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2013/01/01/the-ropes-of-hopes-29-years-old-good-gracious-2013-amin-gospel-gold-glory/) such as :-
- Strengthening financial aspects – been doing a lot of freelance translations and been building my name and networking in the arena & some extra night and additional weekend classes! Alhamdulillah!;
- Securing property – the house is under construction and so far been doing great!;
- See the world – travelling has become a must-do agenda for me lately and this year had the opportunity to travel to Sydney, Australia (sponsoring my parents, Ayah & Mak) and various local places of interests;
- Shape into healthy lifestyle – I participated in 3 running events this year (although just Fun Run!) – “Jom Ceria Walk” (REFER TO : https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/shine-your-way-owl-city-feat-yuna-jom-ceria-walk-putrajaya-2013-with-the-croods-olympus-has-fallen-premieres/), “The Purple Walk at Putrajaya” (REFER TO : https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/baby-step-for-a-healthy-life-regime-brisk-walking-the-purple-walk-putrajaya-2013/) & The Penang Bridge International Marathon (REFER TO : https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2013/11/18/doncha-club-tropical-island-the-penang-bridge-international-marathon-10-km-fun-run/) – YES!!!!
- Salvation in books & reading – Although I wrote that I would like to start reading classical novels, I somehow led astray into reading autobiography and fictions. This year I managed to finish only 2 books which are -“The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Next” by Stieg Larsson and also “Post Mortem” by Patricia Cornwell. Now, however I am still in the process of the halted “The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe” by J. Randy Taraborrelli (taking me ages! LOL!)
So, what are my goals for 2014? Apart from all of the 2013 resolutions of which I will keep continuing, I also wish that my aspiration to visit Makkah will be crystallized, Amin. Hopefully, amin!! I also wish to be a better teacher as this year, I have been entrusted as the Ketua Panitia Sains (Head of Science Panel) of which I am rather intimidated but then I have to brave myself to do it because by hook or crook, it is the chance for me to grow in the career. Hopefully I can tap a few tips from the generous seniors who never stingy in sharing their knowledge with me. Amin!
In addition, I also hoping that I could further study this year as in Master’s Degree. Hopefully, my wish to continue either in UITM or UPM will be materialized. And of course that means, I have to be brilliant in managing my FINANCIAL strength as well my TIME. It is going to be a mental, physical and financial challenges for me this year, as I am about to burst out from my comfort zones.
I love Siti Nurhaliza’s latest single “Lebih Indah” by Aubrey Suwito and the beautiful lyrics by Ad Samad. The lyrics are powerful and motivated. They really empower my innerself to be stronger in this life and putting a lot of effort. It sings about how life is full of challenges and that what makes life more beautiful, isn’t it? Nothing is impossible if you put your mind and heart into it. I’ve got to be brave to fight and face them. To weather them. That’s Shahrill Ramli in 2014 for 30 years old.
Terlihat tika adanya
Titisan hujan begitu resam alam
Perlu ada kepelbagaian
Cabaran dan dugaan
Membuat hidup lebih indah
Di sekelilingmu ada dinding-dinding
Yang menghadangi dan menghalangi
Di sekelilingmu ada laut-laut
Yang menghampari dan merintangi
Jiwa serta raga
Cinta jua cita
Kau harunginya mengharunginya
Umpama purnama jingga
Cantiknya di langit senja
Warnanya yang tercipta
Dari debu zarah udara
Mengajar hidup kita
Ragamkan menghasil yang indah
Tiada yang mustahil di dunia
Segalanya mampu ditawan
Sejauh manakah kemahuan
Demi ke sana