My schedule is quite hectic. Assignments of my Master’s Degree classes as well as school workload are piling up more than ever! But then, taking a break from that for health and fitness ain’t a bad idea, right? So, I joined the BSN Putrajaya Night Marathon for the first time and it was a great experience!
When you are surrounded by an athletic person, the lifestyle has somewhat affect you in a good way. So, I am quite grateful for the positivity emanated. While the athlete did his 21 KM half-marathon, I’d just settled with the fun run 5 KM! Hahahah! I am not a sporty person but because this year I have experienced amateurish running/brisk-walking of 16 KM Mizuno Run (REFER to : https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/the-regiment-for-youthfulness-mizuno-run-2014-putrajaya/) & 14 KM Mount Bujang Melaka in Kampar (REFER to : https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/an-amateur-runner-the-perak-international-mount-bujang-melaka-challenge-2014-the-harmony-society-of-kampar-perak/); running for 5 KM was not a tiring one. I felt relaxed running! Hahahha!
Time to walk/run/jog for health!
Nice balloon! This is great way to promote the bank.
Since now I am taking Master’s Degree in Corporate Communication, my mind can’t escape from analyzing the companies from the perspective of their corporate communications department! Honestly, I think that Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) has done great job in order to make this event as their annual events; trademarked with its own uniqueness & powered by massive support from its Corporate Communication department :-
- The “Night Marathon” has been successfully being affiliated with BSN Putrajaya Night marathon – whenever people mention about annual night marathon in Malaysia, this is the event all the avid runners are being waiting for!;
- The presence of cheering teams (I guess they are BSN workers!) with placards with words to motivate the runners – “I love your sexy body”; “You are The First”, etc; cheerleaders;
- Vuvuzela-and-hornpipes being played and also a band playing all assorted of music to boost people’s spirit to run!;
- Neon and LED light poles ala I-City in Shah Alam being erected along the dark trails;
- A few “ghosts” ala Halloween celebration hiding in the dark alleys – I didn’t experience this but my athletic running partner told me that!;
- The tagline “Nulli Secundus” was coined after Latin phrase which means – “Second To No One” (as told by the anchormen emceeing the event!).
Neon & LED light lamp poles erected. Felt a bit of “Alice In Wonderland” here! Haha!
On whole, it was a great experience. And I do feel much lighter after that. Hahahahah! Don’t you all envy my hourglass body?! Hahahhahahaha!
One for the nostalgia! Well, there was even a drama after the run. But I don’t feel like jotting down. But it was a bit goofy & laughable now. Hahah. But I am grateful. (,”)