The last day before the school reopens again for its second semester for the 1st half of 2015 yearly schooling days in Malaysia. A week of school holidays isn’t exactly any honeymoon moment for me – I dedicated mostly focusing on my Master’s Degree assignments and group discussion. Seems like it has been like endless tasks, one after another; tailored for this one whole 3rd semester until June!
At this moment, I am feeling quite hysterical as well as gone berserk; and suffocated! There are so many things to settle within this little time frame. It wouldn’t be such hassle if I were to be a full time student; but since I am still a teacher a.k.a. Government civilian, I am bound to do the works assigned to me as teacher and to segregate the time as well as the attention is somewhat mind-boggling! Of course, it wouldn’t be much pressure if I just take this lightly – but I guess I am giving the pressure to myself because I do want to excel in my Master’s Degree programme (hence, I want to give my all and my best for each assignments) BUT at the same time, I wouldn’t want to neglect my responsibility as a teacher which is to impart knowledge (which I love) and the nitty-gritty clerical documentation work which mainly sum up 80% of the job as a Malaysian teacher! It is quite exhausting to battle with my own demon as well as to give the best shots for both fields.
For my Master’s Degree; I have been battling my ass off for the 3 subjects :-
- “Theory & Practices of Corporate Communication” (TPCC) – which comes with 3 assignments (2 individuals & 1 pairing group). As the heart subject of the programme with stringent grading and expectations, the assignments are very demanding with thorough reading AND on top of that, the extra-miles to gain primary data – which is by interviewing the key persons for any corporate communication practitioners as per the question given!!! Coming this 25th March would be the due date for the 1st individual assignment on “Development of Corporate Communication Practices in Malaysia”!! ;
- “Organizational Communication” – for this subject, we are entrusted with only one project but with thorough flows of processes. I am lucky to have such dedicated team of Abang Naim, Cik Mat, Najmi & Mat Ley. They have been very up-to-date and very committed. We do “Comparative Study on New Media & Conventional Media Within Department of Information” since they work in the department. So far this week, we have been given GREEN LIGHT by the lecturer to proceed with the proposal we presented last Thursday ;
- “Principles of Advertising” – with 2 classes being cancelled to date, the assignments are yet to be commenced!
Selfie everywhere! This was taken last week. Even in the Faculty’s toilet (when no one was there!) and after taking ablution. Haha! I noticed that my left eye was full of eyebag – a sign due to Tonsillitis and swollen gum that caused feverish state but couldn’t rest due to many things to settle at school and university!
Apart from this, the icing of the cake would of course be my Research Paper!!! Initially, my focus was on my TPCC assignment as I felt that I need to really study hard on that ‘heart of programme subject’ BUT when I had my discussion with few friends yesterday, I realized that I am not in a sturdy position yet. I had to rework on my conceptual framework, the variables (converge them clearly!) as well as to correlate that with any relevant theories! I need to see Dr. Muati more often! I can do this of course, but it requires time. Now is already the 4th week!!!! God!
The title that my group, the Emerald Group is working on for “Organizational Communication”. I am grateful to have such dedicated team members and leaders such as Abang Naim, Che’ Mat, Najmi & Mat Ley. Sometimes I apologize to them for not be able to join their discussions due to long distance as well as held in the morning as they are on holidays for study whereas I am the only one working. But they are so committed. I need to always keep up with their momentum, which is good!
As for the school workload, it should be noted that March-May would be busiest months in the year and to date, I have a few tasks up on my sleeves :-
- Coaching the school’s Choral Speaking Team;
- Coaching the story-telling representative, Thivya Appa Rao of 5 Bayu;
- Preparing the Pentaksiran Berasaskan Sekolah (PBS) file;
- Preparing for the upcoming SISC+ English 4th assistance-ship
The group discussion for “Organizational Communication”.
Sometimes, I just feel worn-off. I can be a teacher who puts mediocre attention on the classes but I always feel it would not be fair for the pupils. I am being paid to educate them and I should try as hard as I can to make the lessons fun although I am tired. I love to interact with them and that means by using a lot of voice. It could be very tiring when you have been using the vocal chords for 6 hours and then heading straight driving for 2 hours to UPM attending classes which definitely demands you to speak up as it is Communication programme, after all.
Discussion about our Research Paper with Bad, Ereen and Bad’s friend, Kak Di. It was a fruitful discussion at Bangi Gateway to carve the pathway of our research’s direction. Thanks!
On personal note, I also need to focus on my Tamu Hill 4 house. The defect reports, the house grills and etc. How am I going to divide my time when in the 5 days working days; 3 days I have to dash to UPM after school; with the remaining 2 days Monday and Tuesday sometimes filled with after-school hours meetings and workshops?? And I sometimes need that two days as well to meet up with Supervisor, etc. God!
Taken yesterday night before my usual weekend night rendezvous. On the facade, I look fine. But in the inside, I am feeling quite worn-off. But in the end, I have to brave myself for this period. Deep down, I know that I can achieve the tranquility if I haven’t led myself too led astray from the piety essence. Perhaps, it is time for me to go back to Miftahul Qulub routine recital? Sigh. Human is a weak creature.
In the end, I have to go through this by hook or crook. Sure I could lament and all but I have to weather this. Writing this serves as my own form of therapeutic salvation. By writing I could express what I feel inside. Blogging is a therapy for me. I can siphon my myriads of emotion in it and when I read back, it will serve as great achievements I experienced. So much to do, so little time!
During proposal presentation for “Organizational Communication” – ‘Comparative Study Between New Media & Conventional Media Within Department of Information.’ Thanks to my wonderful group leader as well as my team members, The Emerald Group! (,”) – Courtesy to Liyana & Kak Bed for the picture. Hehehe. Thanks!