It’s been a while. Life has been very hectic these days. I am sitting now at the Latar Siswa of Fakulti Bahasa Moden & Komunikasi here in UPM; while waiting for my Avant Garde Inc. group (yeah, that’s the name coined for my “Principles of Advertising” team as Advertising Agency!). It is almost 4.30 p.m. with scorching lukewarm sunny atmosphere; and some pine-like leaves of the trees planted in this faculty move gracefully as the Serdang evening zephyr blew them.
At this juncture, I am quite relieved that I have already submitted my Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 as well as sample of amateurish Questionnaire of my Project Paper’s draft to my supervisor, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muati. I went berserk for the last 2 weeks, struggling with tonnes of school workload (wow, in time when I am in the middle of chaotic affairs in UPM; SK Serendah wants to budge in as well, aite? EXPECTED! Haha!) and endless assignments – finding time to attend to my Research Paper write-up as my coursemates keep reminding each other of the upcoming Week 15; very crucial as we are to present our proposal!!!!
Waiting for Dr. Muati’s deliberation!
Last Sunday until Tuesday also proved to be quite challenging as I was down with shocked fever! I didn’t know what happened. Had my usual rendezvous at Old Town and we savored this iced pudding. That night, my head was throbbing and my body gone feverish! Instantaneously, I had this vision of the fatal dengue claimed the lives of people I knew last year; and I became panicked and hysterical. So, the next morning, I went to Poliklinik Serendah and was given an MC. I couldn’t risk of brushing it off as ‘trivial’.
Telephone – old communication channel of Department of Information.
Although there are a lot of works still undone; but at least I could breathe for a while. Nevertheless, next week going to be a HECTIC week for me :-
- Monday, 18th May 2015 : Teachers’ Day celebration in my school, SK Serendah & as usual, I have been entrusted with the responsibility to become the Emcee; In the evening circa 5 p.m., I am going to rush to UPM for the dry run/rehearsal for PR Seminar (I will write about it later!) of which I am entrusted to be the moderator!;
- Tuesday, 19th May 2015 : The PR Seminar in Fakulti Bahasa Moden & Komunikasi of which I am to be the moderator of the seminar. The 2 distinguished guests are Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Ibrahim Abdul Rahman (Director General Department of Information) & Norliza Kamaruddin or Liz Kamaruddin (Senior General Manager of Strategic Communication of PETRONAS);
- Thursday, 21st May 2015 : Sports’ Day of SK Serendah of which I am to be the emcee;
WhatsApp is the new channel used for communication in Department of Information. According to my group’s interview with 2 respondents. 100% staffs are alert with WhatsApp.
The seminar that I am entrusted to be the moderator. Nervous but excited. An experience for me to sharpen my knowledge on Corporate Communication as well as cementing what I have for my upcoming plan.
Apart from that, my name also came up for the week 18th May-22nd May for the school’s office routine books checkup. So, I have to pick 15 books from each class that I teach along with tabulated data (Rekod Kerja Murid) for the school office to check! Yeah, talk about clerical stuff that we, Malaysian teachers have to do! On next week also, I have to submit :-
- Report on the presentation of which my group and I already did yesterday on ‘Organizational Communication’ group project = “A Comparative Study Between Usage of Telephone & WhatsApp Within Department of Information” (luckily I have wonderful & super dedicated team members. They have been working their assess off! I owe so much to them!);
- Report & presentation on ‘Principles of Advertising’ project = billboard, video, story board on a product where we are supposed to implement the theoretical integrated marketing communication elements on how to advertise the product (segmentation, targeting, positioning). My group, Avant Garde Inc chose to advertise dry shampoo named Cleanse (will elaborate later!).
Sometimes, I can’t believe that I am now in my 3rd semester. Sometimes I do have that feeling; am I now in the mode of ‘grass is greener on the other side’? I am working so hard to achieve my ambition to make transition from a teacher to lecturer – giving all what it takes to achieve doctorate and penetrating into the tertiary education-teaching line. But will I ever have that regret if I am given the opportunity to achieve that later?
A teacher, that’s me!
An aspirant lecturer, that’s also me!
It’s too late to bend. I know that I want this. So, like it r not, this is the path that I choose. So I have to bear with the consequence. We got some and we lose some. And besides, life is once. Why not, just chase the dream and realize your potential, no? I don’t want to regret for the rest of my life saying – “I should have done that” and being jealous seeing friends achieving things when actually, we began from the same ZERO.
Oprah Winfrey’s quote. One of my three inspirations. I echo her this very quote. I believe I do have the potential to soar high. Insya ALLAH.