I am quite an open book. Of course there are parts of me that are too controversial to be flashed out but mostly, I am quite an expressionist in whatever that happens in my life. I transcribe most of it in my blog – either explicitly; or implicitly with all metaphors. That is why I admire Taylor Swift. I love her honest expressions in the lyrics of her songs. I feel connected to her personality – her with the songs; I with my words in my blog.
My first memory.
My interest on Taylor Swift’s song was way back in 2008-2009. The song “Teardrops On My Guitar”caught my attention as I was having that turbulent same phase in my life (REFER to https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2009/05/21/teardrops-on-my-guitar/). When I thought about it now, it was a laughable matter but of course, seeing your crush harboring feeling for someone else and imagined bumping into them together in a function; my, it was a dramatic experience – heart thumping and gasping for air, hiding behind the wall seeing them; just like Taylor Swift’s videoclip……. I am not exaggerating. It is just the real thing that happened. And now when I think about it; it is quite comical. But, I grow up. I become wiser and I treasure that experience.
The blissful light after three darkness.
Then, in 2010 when I eventually found someone who really accept my flaws and all despite my weaknesses (Gosh, it’s already 5 years?!), the song “Mine” played the scene in my life (REFER to https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/learn-secrets-why-guarded-you-are-the-best-thing-thats-ever-been-mine/). The lyrics speak about how people in relationship tolerate each other; and how initially I was so guarded and in the end opening up when I saw the sincerity and a few incidents reminding me that I have someone who is so precious; why would I wanna play? I admitted that prior to that, I had two unhealthy relationships which prompted me to fathom in the dark world of ‘experimenting’ and ‘promiscuity’. But, an angel dragged me back from the abyss. The song was like a shout out of my emotion.
My those dark days and current harmless flirtatious phases.
And then, I got lost in touch with Taylor Swift’s music. But in 2014, her “Blank Space” connected me to her again (REFER to https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2014/12/06/those-blak-spacs-days-stolen-kisses-pretty-lies/). This song reminds me of the ‘cheekiness’ and my ‘playfulness’. I have notice that despite my oddities and uniqueness which I used to hate, people now are drawn to me because of that. It is amazing how sometimes an androgynous meat can actually entice the libido of horny pricks! They yearn to experiment and got easily entrapped with the fiery lust. Of course, those are just fatal attractions. Sometimes it is interesting how the games are played – with some already with families & spouses dare to even initiate an advance or ‘one night stands’. I don’t mind those advances; but I quite bewildered, at times.
Once a while, I, being a forever kitty will become a tiger in the relationship.
Of course in relationship, sometimes there are meant to be arguments and misunderstanding. So, one of Taylor Swift’s song “Out Of The Woods” siphoned my inner rage on that particular time (REFER to https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/quest-for-little-red-riding-hood-are-we-out-of-the-woods-are-we-in-the-clear-yet/) and “I Knew You Were Trouble” (REFER to https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2015/01/14/take-a-break-from-5-years-i-knew-you-were-trouble/). You felt like you just want to quit the relationship but thinking about how far we have gone through, it humbled you.
My ringtone now, replacing Rihanna’s “Disturbia” which has been my ringtone for the past 7 years.
And my most favorite song from “1989” which is “Style”. The song reminded me of Leeds (I kept listening to the song when I was there) and the sexy night mood in all my late night rendezvouses…………….. The lyrics speak everything I don’t have to say myself (REFER to https://undomiel84.wordpress.com/2015/02/13/risque-risky-reminiscence-of-leeds-life-style-by-taylor-swift/).
Taylor Swift and Katy Perry’s feud. “Bad Blood” is about it. Reminds me of my own friendship that has gone sour due to backstabbing. I hate backstabbers.
So after the long halt, I decided to buy “1989” today, the Deluxe version by the way! On the way back from KL rendezvous, went to GIANT Rawang and get my hands on the anticipated album (after contemplating for so long! Haha!). I love all the songs in the album as Taylor experimented and incorporated the 80s music into the sound (my era!) and the lyrics are all very raw and honest. Feel like she is singing my feeling! Amazing writer, she is! Every songs are related to my own life experiences :-
- “Welcome to New York” – this song makes me wanna go to New York! I never been there, yet. But I knew how Taylor must have felt. Coming from Nashville and then to the Big Apple! That was the feeling when I first came to Kuala Lumpur in 2007 from Penang. It was the excitement and the euphoria of independence!;
- “Blank Space” (already stated as above mentioned);
- “Style” (already stated as above mentioned);
- “All You Had To Do Was Stay” – reminds me of those exes who wanted to rekindle back. No way!;
- “Shake It Off” – this song is a shoutout to my haters and taught me to not to too serious and just enjoy the time while I can;
- “I Wish You Would” – Sometimes reminiscence of exes came to the nostalgia. Oh, well…we all do that all the time, aite? Hahaha!;
- “Bad Blood” – It was rumoured that Taylor wrote this in reference to the feud she has with Katy Perry. But yes true to her experience, I remembered having a broken friendship. A friend I thought was a good soul and I accepted the flaws. But behind my back, I was being badmouthed & ridiculed just to make the person’s ego higher. Like Swift, I always had that question all the year that we have been supposed friend : “Are we real friends; or just a fake face?”;
- “Wildest Dreams” – speaking of those fantasies I have with a few crushes. Nobody needs to know except them and I. And I know they know that. And they want that, as well. It is OK, at least in the fantasies they satisfy their deepest desire. No offence and no problem. Haha!;
- “This Love” – This song has no personal connection to me. Personally, I am honest to say I don’t miss any of the exes. They were just so rude and wrong and not that good-looking. I am not saying out of hatred but it’s the truth;
- “How You Get The Girl” – a manual on how to understand a person’s insight and not to be taken for granted!;
- “I Know Places” – an escapade during rendezvouses, away from the prying eyes (I know people are watching me!);
- “Clean” – a song that reminds me to stay sober and avoid the unhealthy relationships; and not to be drawn back to them ;
- “Wonderland” – a brilliant song depicting the “Alice In Wonderland” fairytale. I love this one! It shows Taylor Swift’s artsy lyrics-writing talent!! Who would have thought “Rabbit Hole” and “Cheshire Cat Smile” could make such a beautiful stanza?;
- “You Are In Love” – I love this. It has Spandau Ballet’s quality. It resonates my own love life. The truest and sincerest feeling. Never fail to make my eyes water and goosebumps!;
- “New Romantics” – it’s an independent person’s anthem! Exciting!
My copy of “1989”! Hey, I was born in 1984. yeah, we are 80s babies. Rock on! (,”)
I applaud Taylor Swift for her wonderful first foray into the pop genre and it worked for her! Excited to see her upcoming projects and I like the way she connects with her fans via Twitter and Facebook. She is a gem. I guess I am now a Swiftie? I don’t know. But I like her and her songs! (,”)