OK, I’ve just finished my appointment with my supervisor, Assoc. Prof Dr. Muati along with my other coursemates, Didi and Yoko Yuan – our China coursemate. The thing is that we just received notification from the programme coordinator on 2nd December 2015 that on 8-9th December 2015 (which is next week!), the presentation for Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 will be held! So you can imagine the whole plethora of emotion swirled upon all of us – panic, anxiety, anger, nervous, etc! Such a short notice to all of us – but hey; this is post-degree life. You’ve gotta SUCK ALL OF THE POSSIBLE SHORTCOMINGS! Therefore instead of grumbling and being sulky about it; why not we try to decipher on to overcome the situation, no?
My Project Paper – “Malaysian Moslems’ Perception Towards Cadbury’s Image Repair & Its Halal Image.”
Anyway, you know me. I jot almost everything. Well, more like my notebook to immortalize whatever happens in my life and also to remind me what’s important! From the discussion I had with Dr. Muati; seemed like I have quite a number of amendments to be done; and also some particularities to be highlighted. As for the findings of the research, I should :-
- Conclusion : should be tied with my 3 Research Questions and Objectives ;
- Implication : should be explained via three aspects – Theoretical (Benoit’s Image Restoration Theory), Practical (what will happen if other company implements the same approach) & Methodology (What if I opt for qualitative or Random Sampling?) ;
- Discussion on Research Objectives No.2 : Apart from possible factor on sex, other upcoming studies should also look into respondents’ religiosity.
My supervisor just said “OK”. Sigh, I guess I have to work harder to get outstanding acknowledgement. Sigh.
Communication research. This is my faculty for two years – Faculty of Modern Language and Communication, UPM.
In addition, my slides for presentation should comprise :-
- Topic, Research Questions, Research Objectives (as flashback);
- Methodology (illustrate that to acknowledge to the panelists) ;
- Types of Sampling ;
- Findings & discussions;
- Conclusion – implication and recommendations/suggestions.
Come on, Shahrill! Even supermodel Christy Turlington is doing Master’s Degree (in Public Health in Columbia University); why not you? Life is only once. Do not waste it to only being cooped in the secured zone. Be brave. Go for your dreams. Make use of your REAL potential!
Honestly, all of us are experiencing mental block and blank space, now. So much things within so limited time frame. But then again, looks like I have to suck up all of these, by hook or crook!
This is what I wanna be. So, I have to be extra Kiasu and more vigorous. Not for a short-term success but to ensure the longevity of presence in the arena. God bless.