This is practically my first entry for this 2018! I am writing this at The Pines Hotel in Melaka. I came here after school this morning; emceeing the “Majlis Temu Mesra Ibu Bapa Murid Tahun 6” for 2018. So, this year marks my 8th year in SK Serendah (gosh, I know!) and like I said, I’ve given myself time to finish my PhD before I depart to another working atmosphere. Sure, after securing PhD; it wouldn’t be easy to jump into University as a lecturer but I’ve made plan – once I’ve finished my viva, I am going to gear up the scouting while giving myself another year in the school. If things don’t work out as per plan and I am still stuck in primary school; I will surely apply to go somewhere else – I cannot be stuck in the same working place for 10 years, no?!
My PhD journey for 2018 : My 4th and 5th Semesters.
If last year was dubbed as The Year of Metamorphosis; I would say that this year 2018 would be The Year of Savoir Vivre, The Experiential Varicoloured Life. Every year, I would choose a tag that will suit my forecast for the year – and last year just as I have predicted; – was the year of transformations for me. I have gone through metamorphosis in my life. And this year 2018; I am going to live by the rule of savouring the life and grab any opportunities that come – I want to experience a lot of new things and to never let go any chance of tasting them all. Life is too precious to be cooped in the cocoons!
To give my best as a teacher : 6 Samudera class teacher and teaching 2 core subjects for UPSR – English and Science!
Alhamdulillah, I’ve achieved 95% of my Resolutions. So for 2018, my resolutions are :-
- To solidify my PhD journey – I’ll be entering my 4th and 5th semesters, Insya ALLAH. I would have to take the Comprehensive Exams on the 4th semester AND I have to produce two journals within 4th-6th semesters (requirements to graduate!);
- To give my best as a teacher – this year I am the class teacher for 6 Samudera and also teaches 2 core subjects (English & Science). It is hard as most teachers only teach 1 core subject for UPSR. But I vow to give my best to my pupils as a teacher; while pursuing my PhD as well;
- To read 6 celebrated books/novels – I need to read to stimulate my intellectual and creativity;
- To participate in 3 running events – Last year I only managed to participate 2 running events; so this year, I need to continue that healthy regime lifestyle and be more active;
- Travelling @ Wanderlust (Domestic/Abroad) – I have opened my option this year to domestic location as this year would be a tight budget for me; so I won’t be dreaming high to travel abroad – but if given chance, I would like to go to Turkey; or if I get to repeat oversea locations, I would like to explore London or Makkah, one more time.
To read 6 books throughout 2018.
To participate 3 fun run events – for health and aesthetic feature!
I admit I am now a legit Good Childlike Gone Bad. I have become that insatiable wanton. I want them and they want to taste and try me as well. They are always curious. It is amazing how these experiences shape your thoughts. You can actually rate the performances and the sizes based on these players’ athleticism. And most of the times, you see the packaging and the facade so alluring and inviting – BUT, the inside? Ouuch… ! Haha! Packaging and equipment don’t go hand-in-hand and THAT IS A #TRUESTORY! Still, it’s good to educate myself. I actually give myself a year to explore this “wild side”. Hopefully, what doesn’t kill me make me stronger. Hopefully when I read this by the end of 2018, I will achieve my resolutions @ KPI. Insya ALLAH. Amin.
Insatiable. And the exploration for the athletic trophies continues. #TrueStory.